We’re Your Senior and Pediatric Optometrist in Three Rivers, MI, and Edwardsburg, and Every Age Between
No matter how young or old you are, Southwest Vision Center will be there to help take care of your eyes. We are experienced in taking care of the eyes of infants and senior citizens, and we hope you’ll give us the pleasure of helping you and your entire family see the world in crystal clear clarity. Dr. Jennifer Lambert is a skilled optometrist in Edwardsburg, MI, and the nearby Elkhart area who is familiar with the special visual needs of all age groups and takes care of each and every one of her patients with an equal level of care.
Let Us Take Care of the Eyes of Everyone in Your Family
You can work on improving your child’s eyes even before he or she is born. Several factors contribute to the overall development of an infant’s body and mind, such as what a mother eats. In addition to seeing a pediatric optometrist in Three Rivers, MI, and Schoolcraft within a year of your child being born, there are several other things parents can do to help their child’s eyes, including:
- Adding bright colors to the baby’s room
- Occasionally adding new items to the room
- Placing the child on his or her stomach while awake for visual stimulation
- Providing the child with toys that can easily be taken apart and put back together
When it comes to senior citizens, there are a few essential facts they should know about their eyes, such as:
- The age of 40 is when many individuals start to have trouble focusing on nearby objects.
- Roughly 50 percent of Americans aged 65 have some form of cataracts, a percentage that increases for those in their 70s.
- Seniors can protect their sight with a healthy diet and wise lifestyle decisions.