According to studies, up to 80% of what children learn in school is taught visually. That’s why you need to make sure that your child doesn’t have vision problems. This ensures that they can learn everything they’ll need without poor eyesight hampering their development.
Catching the signs of emerging eye problems is essential to this. It prevents the issue from getting serious while prompting you to take swift treatment. Let your premier children’s eye doctor in Granger, MI, Southwest Vision Center help you out via this handy checklist.
Behavioral Signs to Watch Out For
Determine if your child has developing eye problems by taking a closer look at their behavior. Some of the signs to keep an eye on include:
- Consistently sits close to the television, or holds a book too close.
- Frequent squinting or blinking.
- Tilts or turns their head to the side during visual activities.
- One of their eyes drifts or aims in a different direction than the other.
- Constantly tilts their head to the side, with one shoulder noticeably higher than the other.
- Has trouble judging distances while in motion.
- Frequently loses things.
- Confuses easily when moving.
- Poor hand-eye coordination.
Southwest Vision Center, your reliable pediatric optometrist in Three Rivers, MI, recommends observing your child further as they read or perform other activities that require precise vision. Some indications of eye problems include:
- Being unable to see televised images clearly without leaning in too close.
- Becoming drowsy or getting tired easily while reading.
- Favoring one eye during these activities.
- Constantly losing place in pages or skipping lines.
- Claiming words move on the page or run together.
- Instances of double vision
- Experiencing headaches, nausea, or eyestrain
Dealing with Pediatric Eye Problems
If your child displays most of the above-mentioned items, you should consider consulting a trusted optometrist like Southwest Vision Center for a thorough eye exam in Edwardsburg, MI. Exceptional eye health begins at an early age. When you turn to us for your children’s eye care needs, we’ll help them enjoy a lifetime of clear vision, after all.
We make this possible through our comprehensive eye exams, vision therapy, and range of high-end contact lenses and eyeglasses. All of our products are age-appropriate and comfortable to wear. Our team has the training and experience to fit children with the lenses and glasses that suit their needs and lifestyle.
Trust Southwest Vision Center to provide the right solutions to your eye care issues. Call us at our number or fill out our form today to schedule your appointment.